If you are an iPhone user then you must be facing and looking for the answer of how to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Computer?
Apple did it quite difficult to transfer music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer. With the help of the iTunes application, you can only copy music that you have purchased from the iTunes Store. But for the tracks which you have downloaded from the other sources from the internet or ripped from CDs, it won’t work.
Fortunately, there exist a few alternatives that will definitely help you to transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs.
Welcome to iOS Guide. Online, this article totally focuses on all the tricks, tips and alternative which can be used to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to computer. Here are some method and applications and guide on how to use them perfectly in order to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to computer.
Methods to Transfer Music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Computer:
Here below in this section, we are going to share some easy and simple methods by which you are able to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer. So, simply have a look at the below-given methods and apply them.
Method 1: Using iTunes – Purchased Music Only
As I have already mentioned earlier, hence this method allows you to transfer songs which are purchased from iTunes and can be transferred only to the authorized computer. So, if your music is not purchased from iTunes, then you can skip this method and move to the other methods which are present below. Follow the simple steps provided below in order to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer.
- Install iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer. In case this is the first time you are connecting your iOS device to the computer, an alert will appear asking whether you trust the computer. Click on “Trust” to allow its access to content on your device.
- In iTunes, navigate to click File > Device > Transfer Purchases from *your iPhone’s name*. iTunes will then start transferring the songs. The process may take a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the amount of music.
- After the transfer, click on the Recently Added present on the left side of the iTunes window. There you can find all the songs you’ve copied.
- To download music from iTunes onto your PC/Mac, click the Download icon next to the songs.
- If you are not able to see the Download button, the music is already on your computer. Make a right-click on it, then select “Show in Windows Explorer” (Windows) / “Show in Finder” (Mac) to open the directory containing the song.
Method 2: Using WinX MediaTrans – Windows
WinX Media Trans is an iOS device management application that supports two-way transfer, hence it allows you to easily sync songs, playlists, albums from your computer to iPhone, iPad and iPod or vice versa. The trail copy allows you to transfer up to 30 songs per day.
Note: iFunbox no longer works on Windows hence WinX Media Trans is the best among the programs which are tried and tested. Follow the simple steps provided below in order to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer.
- Visit the WinX MediaTrans download page, and start the download and then install it on your computer.
- Next, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer and run the program.
- Next, step into the music transfer interface by simply clicking on “Music Manager” from the home page. Also, the app will then load and show you some original music files from your iPhone/iPad.
- Now choose the songs you’d like to transfer to your computer and then click on the “Export” in order to batch transfer them. Also, the trial copy only allows you to transfer up to 30 tracks/day, so it is recommended to manage like that. You can also export a single song by simply clicking on the “Export” button present next to the song’s name when hovering the mouse pointer over it.
As the song transfer is finished, a new file explorer window will pop up with opening the folder that saves all the music files.
Also, in addition to the Music Manager Module, WinX Media Trans also carries other functional modules such as iBooks Manager, Video & Photo Transfer, Flash Drive and Ringtone Maker.
Method 3: Using iFunbox – Mac
iFunbox is another free software for Windows and Mac that allows you to manage content on your iOS device. However, there are some other applications out there that provide similar functions but most of them are paid software with free restricted demos.
iFunbox allows you to transfer music, ringtones, photos, videos, voice memos from your iPhone, iPad, iPad to your computer and vice versa, for free of cost. Recently, iFunbox for Windows has an issue with accessing content on iOS devices. Fortunately, it still works very well with Mac computers.
Below is the guide on how to use iFunbox software in order to export music from your iOS device to your Mac. Follow the simple steps provided below in order to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to computer.
- Download iFunbox for Mac and install it in your PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPod, iPad to your Mac.
- Soon, your device will appear on the left side of the windows, choose the Raw File System.
- Navigate to iTunes Control > Music. There you will find several folders named something like F00, F01… that contain mp3 files. Make a Right-Click and choose “Select all” to select all these folders, next click on “Copy to Mac”. Soon you will be prompted to select a folder.
- As you choose a folder, music files will be transferred to your Mac automatically, but they are being saved in multiple subfolders. We need to move all the files to a single folder. In order to do so, navigate to the folder you’ve copied songs too. Type “.mp3” into the search box in that window. By default, this will show you all the mp3 files on your computer. Just choose the folder name to select only mp3 files within it.
- Select all the files, and copy them to a new folder. Then you will be able to delete the old one with all its subfolders.
Now as you can see all the music files are saved in a single folder. However, their names must be disgusting as they look like being generated from random characters. You can open them in a music player application like iTunes, they will show up with its title so you can select and play songs easily.
Also, if you wish to batch rename these files based on their titles from metadata, you can use a free application like Tag Editor for Mac.
After installing the Tag Editor, open it. Click the “Open” button, then choose the music folder. Tag Editor will import all the mp3 files.
Now, in the File name column, choose the first cell, hold the Shift button, then select the last cell, all the file names will be selected.
Next click on the three-dot icon present next to the last file name. Check the “Title” option and choose “Rename”. All your music files will be renamed properly along with their titles. Finally, click “Save” to apply changes.
Does the above article totally focus on all the solution for how to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Computer? We have stated three different methods which can be easily used and help you to perform the transfer in the simplest way possible. How to Transfer Music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Computer? Can be easily answered with the help of this article. If you like the above article on how to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Computer? Share it with your friends. In case of any queries hit the comment section below. We will get back to you ASAP.
Overwatch Tier List January, 2020 Updated – Season 20
This article will help you to get to know the 2 January 2020 (Season 20) updated Overwatch Tier List. The...
Heroes of the Storm Tier List – January 2020
As you know that one of the most popular MOBA heroes of the storm is now available in the full...
GSNTV Code Word Game Show Sweepstakes Codes (GSN TV)
GSNTV Code Word: Game Show Network comes up with the Game Show Network Daily Draw Sweepstakes which helps the users...
Top 9 Best Axe Enchantments In Minecraft
If you are a Minecraft player or if you recently started playing Minecraft then the first thing which you need...
OptiFine 1.15.1/1.15 (FPS Boost, Better Graphics)
Basically the OptiFine 1.15.1/1.15 is the highly installed mods by all the Minecraft players with optifine and with the help...
Fresh Start Kodi – Easy Steps to Fix
Let’s have detailed information about the fresh start Kodi. As there are lots of users who are looking for a...